We enter into this year’s Holy Week in the midst of so much change and uncertainty. Easter traditions look different and our practices might change.
This Prayer Journal workshop was going to be live and in person. My good friend Elyse asked me to teach at her church and we were excited for that format. These changes, closures, and time at home has brought this workshop online like so many other things.
Our heart is that this won’t keep you online, but rather move you into God’s word. Pray to Him and with Him. Create with the Creator. Open your heart to His word and it’s beauty. Listen to His promptings on your heart each day.
Included in this post, you will find a pdf to download and a video to watch. Grab a cup of coffee, put on your favorite worship music, Easter hymns, or find a playlist online, and begin creating!
1. Download the pdf and print it out if possible
2. Collect supplies from the list
3. Watch the video for instructions on constructing your journal (Or, use a notebook, journal, sketchbook you already have) Watch here
4. Beginning on Palm Sunday, follow the journaling prompts from the pdf for each day of Holy Week, ending on Easter Sunday. Read each day’s scripture, then write and create!
5. Come back to this blogpost during the week and I will add some updates and other links for journaling tips and tools. Enjoy the process and remember there is no right or wrong way to do this!